The Aims and Objectives of the IQAC :
- To define quality parameters for the college.
- To work as catalyst for the overall academic and administrative improvement of the institution.
- To create a desire among the stakeholders for the pursuit of knowledge, to acquire the skills and achieve excellence in teaching-learning and research.
- To monitor the quality aspects of the institution.
- To undertake quality-related initiatives, consultancy and training programmes.
- To intervene and guide the departments wherever necessary for quality enhancement.
The IQAC has, from time to time, adopted the quality parameters set by statutory agencies such as the NCTE, UGC, NAAC, State Government and the University and used them to assess and assure that quality is maintained.
Members of the IQAC have been strategically selected so that representation at college statutory bodies such as the Executive Committee, the College Faculties, top office and administrative authorities is ensured. As a result, planning and decision making has become easier and smoother and implementation has become efficient.
We consider the teacher Educators as a hub for all college activities, academic and otherwise, and hence assuring teachers’ progression helps in assuring quality. For the co-curricular, extra-curricular activities and extension activities teachers are assigned managerial roles. Committees are formed for this purpose. It is relevant to note that these committees are carefully constituted to ensure that though leadership is rotated, key experienced members remain the same assuring high performance levels. Such decentralization has helped in participation of teachers in quality sustenance. This experience over the years has helped evolve a fairly stable and efficient system, which today requires little monitoring and has been internalized.