Human Rights Protection Cell
Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity.”- Mother Teresa
According to United Nations Human Rights are rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, or any other status. Human rights include the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education, and many more. Everyone is entitled to these rights, without discrimination. Keeping these guidelines in the forefront, SVK National College of Education, formed the Human Rights Cell to raise awareness among students about the concept of Human Rights and the importance of it in today’s society.
Human rights cell came in to existence in our college during the academic year 2020-2021.The cell aims at creating awareness about human rights among the faculties, staffs and students. It also aims at personality development of individual and to lead a decent and dignified life without infringing the rights of others.
- To educate and create greater awareness of human rights.
- To study and examine cases of human rights in and around the campus.
- To create a network with other organizations for working in the spirit of solidarity.
- To work for ensuring that basic human rights are respected everywhere.
- To train the young men and women for facing the challenges of the pluralistic society and the rising conflicts in the name of particularistic loyalties to caste, religion, region and culture.
Roles and responsibilities
- To foster a climate of understanding and mutual respect for the dignity and rights of each individual.
- To prevent, report and discourage discrimination and harassment by others.
- To uplift the universal responsibilities of human beings in the society such as ethnicity, nationality, religion or sex.
|The Chair person||Dr. Chidananda N.K||Principal, National college of Education|
|The convener||Smt. Arundathi A.N.||Lecturer, National college of Education|
|Member||Dr. Manju N.D.||Asst. professor, National college of Education|
|Member||Dr. Lavanya C.E.||Asst. professor, National college of Education|
|Member||Sri Manjunath D.S.||Asst. professor, National college of Education|
|Member||Smt. SadiqaBanu||LecturerNational college of Education|